Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Evi's Wonderland

You may have thought I have been sleeping the days away like Sleeping Beauty from reading my last post.
Yes I have been resting more ....and if I thought I could
look like Sleeping Beauty
I'd be sleeping right now:)
but I have to be realistic.
sleep can only do so much.

In between naps I was lucky enough to visit our friend
Evi and Ebie's for a great luncheon at their home.
To make it even better Laura (52 Flea) and Paula were there too along with Mr Flea and Bill(or should we call him Mr Paula?) just kidding Bill 





Like you may have heard Laura and I mention before Evi's home is quintessential european elegance with boatloads of charm 
at every turn. 
Couldn't you just die over that trim? I don't know what it says 
but I love it. 
The wonderful bird cups you see there, Evi and her girlfriend Debbie just bought the same set. 


Paula checking out Evi's newest creation. The angel wings turned out great but it seems that it was harder to put 
together then she'd hoped. It was worth all the effort (easy for me to say) 



Totally adored this wreath. She told us she's had it for years. Spruced it up with
a few silver sprigs.....
and a paper sculpture she bought from me years ago.



This is an original Nicol Sayre that Evi bought years ago when
Nicol was just starting out. 
Did I mention that Evi is an amazing dollmaker?
OMG yes.
I didn't show a lot of her work on this post but you can check out
more dolls in Laura's post HERE
and in her blog shop HERE



Of course I admired this topiary that was made from a false cypress.
False cypress as in "not really a cypress"....but it is a real plant.
A chamacyparis just in case you were wondering


The mantel dressed just the right amount.
She's so good at editing. 

Oh btw I want to tell you to visit 
Laura's post that will show you even more of Evi's house if
you haven't been there already.
It's a must see!

I photographed a lot more close ups.
....you know me I can't seem to do anything else:)




Like these!


Aren't they just the perfect touch. She's had them for years and that's why they have a little patina to them now.









Each chair adored with a wreath and stocking.



This is one of the dollhouses from when Evi was a child growing up in Germany.
I have more photos of it from a previous visit. 
One of these days I'll show them.
Isn't it fantastic?










I took a lot of photos of ornaments but will only show you a few....


the cutest thing or what?
I know I know!!!!



We got a chuckle with this one with his runny icicle nose.

Feels like it could do that now.....it's been in the teens lately.
Bbbbrrrrrr!
but I'm inside so what am I complaining about?






Love the touches of red she mixes in with her neutral palette.




Is that the sweetest face? and take a look at those 
adorable big feet.



Oh and this make-do. Such incredible detail. I just noticed the Humane Society member tag.
Now Evi I have one more reason to love you!











Now we come to this gorgeous enclosed porch. 
You thought the inside was amazing and then this?

I popped out here a couple of times enjoying the sunshine and the view of the woodlands all around........

and this is where the wine was chilling.
haha













It was a beautiful sunny day and a wonderful way to spend time with friends.

I am so lucky to have these people in my life.

I will share our present exchange on the next post soon.

Hope your New Year is going well so far.


hugs

Carole


28 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

this post is talking 'fairyland' a much better place.
aplce that few of us ever get to experience.
i wish i could.
someday if i move up with mom!!!

xxx happy year to you!!

Uniquely Ella said...

What a beautiful post. TFS
xxx
Marlene

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That was a very fun tour of a beautiful home filled with many treasures. Thank you for sharing......Julian

oldgreymare said...

Just beautiful and I think you and Laura covered almost all of it, from broad views to close ups..now if we could just taste all the fabulous food... : (
xx
z

Tanya said...

Ay-yi-yi! This was GORGEOUS! The photos are ALL beautiful, and of course the two I love the most are the hugging cat toys with the mouse in command, and the barnyard of old metal animals (no Walkers in the Barn there!) What a lovely post to end my day at the computer...thanks for sharing!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi dear Carole
beautiful beautiful beautiful.. your shots and Evi's home.. I always love them both.. could get lost dreaming in this wonderland.. this is what christmas should look like.. heck this is what life should look like!!

some of these shots need to be on a christmas catalogue.. eg the santa legs just fabulous!!

ok will have to come back and spend more time taking in the details.. love the light at Evi's and the beautiful windows.. I could really do with a visit there at christmas. Glad you had such a lovely time and hope you are rested up now ready for this new year of fun!! [must pop over and check out Laura's post]

ciao ciao xxx Julie

KarenB said...

Wow, what a beautiful home. It would be difficult to visit with friends and not just walk around with your mouth hanging open. So lovely.

trash talk said...

Oh mylanta Carole. How can any one person have that much talent...let alone a bunch of y'all!
Definitely makes me rethink what I want my home to look like. Just beautiful.
Deb
P.S. Did a handsome prince wake you with a kiss?

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow.....I'm having a major drool-fest over here, Carole! lol! What an awesome home! I am allllll over that patchy floral pillow on the windowseat. So cute! Her style is just plain fun and elegant and rustic all thrown together. Luv it!

xoxo laurie

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I'm so glad that you two could take a break and join the party, Carole. Evi had done a fabulous job decorating her home. I especially love the mantel decoration, the chandalier and everything in the porch. The pincushion is very sweet and the snowman with the running nose is so cute. There was really a lot to look at and admire. Thank you for the wonderful tour!
Big hugs to you,
Julia

Dorthe said...

Dear Carole, I caN never see too many photoes from dear Evi`s home, it is a wonderful place- and filled with love and athmosphere,-the most beautiful handmade creations, and her fantastic collections of gorgeous old pieces.The porch filled with fantastic wood and iron pieces, and the cutest ornaments on her tree.I just love Evi`s so beautiful home.
Your photoes are gorgeous -and you must all have had the most joyfelt day ,together.

Thankyou for showing dear.And a most happy new year to you and yours.
Hugs,Dorthe

It's me said...

Beautiful post !! thanks for your nice comment on my blog darling....love from me...xxx...

Jill said...

All of it is so beautiful, but....oh, the porch!! ...the porch...!

Evi said...

dearest Carole,
I am just taking a fast peek at my computer, as I am getting ready for our dinner with Debbie and her hubby tomorrow night....and there it is!
You out-did yourself!!!Thank you sooo much for the lovely post.Funny, we all three of us posted, and yet each has its own look. Love all the close-ups. I hardly ever get that close with my pictures. I think it must be our cameras. Yours and Laura's are the "pros".
Nobody but you took pics of the porch and it looks really pretty. Must have something to do with the gardener in you....I only think spring and summer.
I have one correction to make, not that it matters that much, the doll from Nicole that you admired, was bought a long time ago in Virginia, the winter-red one on Laura's and my blog in the guest room, at Earthangels 4 or 5 years ago. I love them both. You would have loved that show....lots of neat things.
I am so happy we all got to spend our special day together. We loved having you here...I am planing already Valentine's day.
Carole,I really appreciate this pretty post , but must of all, your friendship. I treasure it!
Many hugs and love,
Evi and Ebbie too
Big hug to George too....my "little" helper!

erin's art and gardens said...

happy new year, carole! thanks for the fab tour if evi's wonderful home...i can not get enough of her decor and art and that ADORABLE kitty or is it a monkey? with the big feet...so cute! you are so lucky indeedy to have such wonderful friends.
erin
xxoo
p.s. i laugh to myself, when i recall you saying, that you like the song, "three little birds". it is cute. he he

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Great photos Carole!
It was such a fun afternoon. What could be better than spending time with special friends in Evi's beautiful home with her delicious cooking!?!
We are such lucky girls!
Laura :)

mary pernula said...

Carole, wonderful job on the photo's I feel like I was there in Evi's home. She has such good taste and I love how she decorates. The sun porch has to be my favorite spot. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Hugs Mary

Boxwood Cottage said...

There is so much beauty to see in sweet Evi's home, wish I could have come with you dear Carole!
Thank you for sharing your visit with us :)
Hugs Carola xoxo~
P.S. Great to see a picture of Paula!

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh btw the saying on the antique linen trim on Evi's pretty shelf with the gorgeous bird cups and fourleave clover plates says:
"In your cupboard white linen in your heart serious minds". Well it doesn't rhyme in English as is does in German.
Loved seeing the patio pictures too!

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

What a Gorgeous Post Carole! So Many Beautiful Pics. I have to say that the Garden Botanical is My Favorite! I Love your Quote too from Capt Jean Luc Picard.
Thank You for visiting Me and your Kind Comments! It has Been an Amazing Week and I feel So Blessed!
So Glad you joined in my Giveaway!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Hugs
Jill
PS I am a Follower Now!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I always enjoy another peek to Evi's beautiful home...I don't think I've seen the porch yet so thank you!!! Happy you had fun!

jolee said...

Hi Carole! Absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad I thought to stop by. Does she need any more friends?

Vicki Boster said...

Carole- what a beautiful post-- such a lovely home! I'd have been just like you- taking a ton of pictures. Your close up shots are THE best in the blogging world!! Obviously you had a wonderful wonderful day- you are do lucky to have such great friends!
Vicki

Kathleen said...

Love those dishes in her hutch, and the snowman with the runny nose!
Hope you caught up on your sleep, and are enjoying this spring like weather!
May it stay with us through the next few months!

Renée Finberg said...

those are the ONLY adorable big feet i have ever seen!! xxx

i do love the little dollhouse/barn and critters.

xxx

the old white house said...

hi Carole! Oh my gosh, what a beautiful home she has! That sunroom is where you would find me too, gorgeous!!! I started with today's post, so now to go back and drool over all of the presents, I just needed to see what I had missed, besides you of course! Have a fabulous and prosperous 2012, full of love, laughter and great times!!! t.xoxooxox

The Country Nest said...

Carole,
I just love it when you go Evi's home.....don't we all have a friend who when you visit them we leave so inspired? It looks like you all had a grand time.
Happy new Year!
Donna

Kathy said...

Oh Evi I love you. Thanks for featuring her home and creative works. I don't know what I love the most....could it be the mantel or perhaps the old stuffed animals, no it is her old barn animals....nope its the porch, yep the porch.
Can't wait to check out her blog. Kathy