Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Giving all around!

I had all intentions on this White Wednesday with
to finally show you the things I bought at Brimfield...
gee over 3 weeks ago now.
Nothing like dragging it out. I had a friend that use to say " You tell a story like Edith Bunker" remember her?
always dragging it out !!!
Well my blog is like that too......
Stretching it out as long as I can!
making you all wait.
Well when you see why I've made you wait you won't be so disappointed with me.
The other day I received a package in the mail.
The first thing my husband said was " What did you get this time?"
As if I always get lots of things in the mail addressed to me...just me... not the biz.
At first it threw me off. It was in a Two's Company box. I thought? did I order anything from them??? they're a gift co.
Then I saw Vintage Living on it from Rebecca. I thought this is it!!!!!!!
it's here!

I took it out of it's box and there it was all wrapped all pretty and such with the cutest tag made of lace and velvet ribbon. A small bird tied to the lace and little tag saying "Just for me"!!!!

well it really said Just for You.......which is "me"

Last week when Rebecca had posted White Wednesday I mentioned I loved the bridal headpiece from her antique store shopping spree which you can see HERE.
She wrote back and said she would love me to have it. I was so touched by her kindness. A little embarrassed too so I told her I'd be more then happy to pay her. She insisted it would not be necessary so I told her I'd at least send her a Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine.


She agreed and I felt better..... it seemed only fair....... well until I opened this gorgeous box and laid my eyes on it.
I think I actually gasped for air.



Can you blame me???



Look at this culmination of femininity all wrapped in a box.
The creamy colored tulle is secured to the box with a delicate edging of thread that is part of the veil and frames it so beautifully. The satin ribbon is antique white with a hint of pink. Even the box it's in is lovely with the right amount of age and patina.


You can imagine how thrilled I was. I have never owned anything this precious and graceful. It's truly a work of art and I will treasure it forever.

Thank you so much Rebecca it is one of the nicest gifts I've ever received. I knew when I first saw your blog on my first week participating in White Wednesday (back when there were only a few participants) that I just loved it. It's been wonderful getting to know you and I hope to stay friends for a long time.

Now this takes me to another subject about giving.....
Back a few months ago Kelee from Kelee Katillac made us aware of the need to help raise money for animals that also had been suffering from the economic down turn. Yes even they suffer. People could no long feed their pets or no longer had a place to live. They were giving them up or worse just abandoning them.
This project is called The Pet Scarf Project from Design Gives Back and $2000 was raised already. The Blog Party is today and I didn't want you to miss out. If you go to Kelee's site and leave a comment a $1 will be donated to the cause. It's that easy!!!
Please watch the video and you'll get to see all the animals wearing their decorated scarves and the shelter where they are doing such great work.
You can also enter Kelee's giveaway too !!! for $100 from Hobby Lobby.
I tried so hard to upload the video on my blog but I couldn't do it. Not tech savvy enough. boo-hoo!
This was Nigella wearing her scarf being the good sport and diva that she is!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
I know this is kinda a mish-mash post
but....
Please go visit Kelee and make a diffence in an animals life.





Love,

Carole

& Nigella

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I have used the Jeanne d' arc magazine as a "thank you" as well...it is kind of like gold isn't it?! Rebecca is uber talented and I have been fortunate to see both of her shops and home over the years, she is one talented lady! Your bridal headpiece is gorgeous!!!

:) T

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much Carole
I really didn't expect a post, you didn't have to do so much.
It really was my pleasure
Blessings
Rebecca

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Carole,
What a beautiful bridal headpiece and how lucky are you? Where will you display it? I can't wait to see! Hope you are enjoying the cooler weather!
Take care, Laura

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh wow Carole, you lucky thing...it's beautiful. What a lovely person and friend Rebecca is.
I can't wait to see where you place it, Carole.Also, will go over and leave a comment at Kelee's XXXX

decorator to the stars said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG, STOP BY & SAY HI :) GIO

Bleudelavande said...

Hi Carole you are a very lucky girl!!! I love that bridal headpiece! Rebecca must be a very talented girl!!!
Tank you for passing and leaving such lovely words to my post!
Have a nice day! Big hugs

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Carole,
Well for one, I like mish mash posts - it's really how my brain works since my attention span is all over the place!
The headpiece is gorgeous. Just the parcel itself was a present. I can't wait to see where you place the piece (please show us).
As far as the wonderful giving back from the Katillac Shack - it's just the best. I'm so happy so many people and pets participated. Nigella made a beautiful model, I will have to show Zeke her photo so he knows they're on the same give back team.
Thanks for your supportive words as always they're taken to heart.
xo~Tracie

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful girf. I would treasure it also.

Hugs cindy@stitches

Rostrose said...

This is really a wonderful, pretty gift! Congratulations! And it doesn't matter that it is a "mish-mash-post" ;-) You had to say important things!
Hugs, Traude

Rosemary said...

Hi Carole,
It's just beautiful!!!
Lucky you!
Enjoy it!
Rosemary

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I loved every little tiny detail of that package, wow, how perfect!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Carole
Wow.. this is just beautiful. What a wonderful gift from a wonderful caring friend. Life can be surprising and amazing .. yes?

Sorry I didn't get here earlier to see the unveiling [hehe] of this gorgeous present. Life is too busy right now and I don't really have time to blog, but it is these moments that really make us happy. Unexpected kindness!!
Take care.. and will catch up with you and everyone else soon!! xx Julie

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carole,

A beautiful gift, for a beautiful friend.
That is so precious and just adore the gorgeous bridal headpiece. Look forward to seeing where you place it.
Beautifully wrapped gift and I love the tag.
Nigella is adorable sporting her lovely scarf.

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

I think I gasped too when I scrolled down and viewed this lovely headpiece. It really is unbelievable. Rebecca is such a lovely person inside and out. I love the beautiful tag she made and the lovely wrapping too.
Nigella looks so cute in her scarf. Good kitty!
Hugs,
June

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

This was sooooo sweet of her to send you this...it's a real beauty...I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years to come.

Blessings,
Linda

Pearl said...

Beautiful wrapping and lovely book.

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Carole

How beautiful! You are so lucky I love it! Something so very different.
Off to look up the other links.
Take care
Isabelle x

Faded Charm said...

Thanks so much Carole. I received my magazine yesterday afternoon and I LOVE it!!! It is nice to be able to read the stories behind the photos.

Enjoy your day!

Kathleen

nicky said...

very nice photos you have!

Luiza said...

What a wonderful present. And wrapped in a lovely way.
I guess that made your day so much better.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs/
Luiza

Debra@CommonGround said...

Just the most lovely and extravagant gift. But you can tell that Rebecca is just that kind of wonderful person! Thanks for coming by, I just love hearing from you! Oh... and Nigella looks extra sassy in her cute little scarf!
Debra

Lisa said...

What an amazing gift! Just unwrapping that beautiful package must have been a gift itself. I just love bloggers, haven't met a mean one yet! Thank you for sharing it with us. Lisa

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

The way I see it Carole is your just that kind of person,a kind hearted soul that people are just drawn too!! Enjoy your lovely gift,Chrissy

Anne Lorys said...

Stunning. Lucky duck. And that Rebecca is one fab lady, isn't she?
I have to chuckle looking at Nigella, my cat would have no part of wearing a scarf! But it's a great cause, most definitely.
Enjoy your treasure!
Anne

Kathleen said...

Hi Carole..
Oh, how beautiful...it is certainly feminie..Now where will you display it??

Busy season there for you?
I was over on the North Fork the other day..got my mums..
Come visit when you can!
Kathleen
Southampton, NY