Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Black and White Sunday....

At the end of the work day George and I sometimes go for a drive around town. Early in the Spring there's never enough time...too much to get done....but now that the madness has subsided we can relax a little and enjoy the reasons why we live along the shore. The last couple of years we had gotten out of the habit of taking a ride.....maybe the cost of gas had made us feel guilty. I don't know? But it was something the two of us missed. We always go back to work when we're done but it does help us get re-energized and even inspired. Showing these images in B&W makes the idea of our short getaway..... seem even more calm and relaxing.
The wild flowers are beginning to come into full bloom. A few days before they were just starting. It's fun to see the change as time goes by. I've been thinking of scattering my own seeds to see how they do. It's been raining so much they probably would do fine but maybe I'll have to bring some water just in case. This park is the site of the towns old dump, believe it or not and it's now a sanctuary and siting area for birds that live along the marshlands of the Connecticut River.

Do you know what this bug is?
Mostly now it's coreopsis that you see but there is also rudbeckia,cosmos,dianthus,poppies,bachelor buttons and even delphinium. That surprised me...delphinium!

The best part of this park is it overlooks the cove.

This is from the other side of the cove. The sun was just going down and the stillness in the water was so relaxing to watch. The only activity was a small dingy coming to shore. A very soft breeze cooling us from the heat of the day.
This Black and White Sunday is hosted by the wonderfully talented Anne Marie of Na Da Farm Life. Go visit her and tell her I said Hi!
Happy Sunday!
Carole

10 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What wonderful photographs.I've always been a fan of B&W and also sepia.....I was around when there was ONLY B&W ( I was a VERY young child !! ) I used to take pictures with my Brownie 127 camera....... not quite up to this sort of standard.
By the way, just had an email from Julie @ Being Ruby. She said that you wanted to know something about Grasse. I have been there but don't know a lot about it, but ask away. XXXX

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Beautiful photos Carole. The last one is just stunning, and your right they feel more relaxing in B&W. Glad to join you on this b&w sunday. Julie

Anne Marie said...

I never get tired of seeing your world...through your eyes Carole......

I grew up sailing and that image hits my heart.

blessings- and thank you for joining in -
beautiful.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh my...that last photo just tugged at my heartstrings,looks like Bangor(Ireland)..lovely post,I knew it would be!! Yes, that store was amazing,and no she was sold out of those wall hangings,but she had so many nice things,very pricey though,her small burlap pillows were $95..to rich for my taste I am afraid...hope you are well,talk soon!

Piitis said...

Hi Carole!
What a wonderful photos!!!

Have a nice week!!!

Hugs:)
^_^Piitis

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

so calm and peaceful....hope the week ahead is the same! Lovely post...
Take care, Laura

Poppy said...

Just what I needed at the end of the day, I feel all relaxed now after looking at those stunning pictures.

You live in a very beautiful place…love Lou xxx

erin's art and gardens said...

Carole........thank you for visiting me! I love your photos and now I need to learn how to "burn out" the edges like you have done. Love that aged look! Just figerred out how to do black and white yesterday.....the skies the limit! I am learning so much from the blogosphere and it is making me a better person. loverly music too. I'll be back. erin

Monika said...

Hello Carole,I love your b&w photos.There is something about water,sand and beaches.Beautiful blog.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Carole.....Jounny Depp...Now you're talking my language....Sigh XXXX