Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Flowering Quince

I said to my husband the other day "I wonder if the Quince is flowering"....he said "yes I told you it was and you'd better hurry and see it or you'll miss it". I thought Oh my goodness I'm going to miss it again. So I went out in the dark with my flashlight and camera in hand. It had been raining most of the day but had stopped a fewCheck Spelling hours before.

This is the way it looked a few weeks ago

and this is it in full bloom. You can see the leaves glistening in the light. I was so happy to see the rain hadn't knocked any of the blossoms off.

The next day I decided I should see it in the daylight... though it was early evening the sun was still out. It was even prettier than the previous night. I think one year it had gotten a few quince that matured on it but you can't do much with them....the flowers are the reason to grow this plant.




......And I'm so happy we did.
Happy Mother's Day!!!!
BIG HUGS
Carole

13 comments:

Tami said...

Absolutely breath taking!!!

Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Hugs~T

Mitt hvite hus said...

Wonderful!
have a lovely Mothers day..

Hugs Kerstin

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Beautiful flowering quince! I love it! Have a great day! Don't work too hard! Laura

Stephanie said...

I have never seen what a quince flower looked like. I bought a quince candle and I adore the scent so thanks for putting a picture to a fragrance for me.

Crinoline said...

What a beutiful quince.Have a nice Mothers day.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh my your photos are sooo lovely, I do look forward to stopping by, hope you had a wonderful day my friend, talk soon!!

Rosemary said...

Thank you Carole!!
What pretty flowers.
Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!!
Rosemary

a little work of grace said...

Hi Carole,

That tree is amazing ~ so beautiful. I wonder, will you be making anything with the fruit?

Laura:)

Poppy said...

Hi Carole, so beautiful, thanks for sharing!
I hope you are not working too hard; you must be so busy at the moment.
Have a lovely week…love Lou xxx

Bonjade said...

Beautiful, beautiful Pink pictures.
So lovely.
Nice evening

Christelle said...

Encore une fois , ces photos de fleurs sont sublimes et donnent envie de rèver !

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, I just love them!
Have a nice week,
Lydia
http://www.lydiasgronafingrar.blogspot.com/

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey you, just stopping by to say a quick hello.....keep those photos coming missy!! Talk soon, Chrissy